My favourite films set in London:
- Fever Pitch
- Shaun of the Dead
- Naked
- An American Werewolf in London

- Mona Lisa
- The Tall Guy
- Shakespeare in Love
- Richard III (Loncraine)
- Scum
- About a Boy (except the last ten minutes)
I am aware I’ve left off some great London films
(such as My Beautiful Laundrette, A Fish called Wanda, Alfie, Oliver!, Great Expectations, Brief Encounter, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Quadrophenia, Withnail and I, Snatch, Sliding Doors, ID, 1984, A Clockwork Orange, The Crying Game, Madness of King George, My Fair Lady, The Cook, the Thief, his Wife and her Lover, Life is Sweet, The Italian Job, Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, 28 Days Later, The Long Good Friday, Four Weddings and a Funeral, The Elephant Man)
but my top ten simply reflects films that I’ve watched, or would be willing to watch, over a million times.
I bet there’s at least one film I’ve forgotten that would bump Huge Grant out of my top ten.
What would be your top ten?
2 comments:
Well, my faves are Layer Cake, Croupier and Lock Stock...
But here is a list that should more than kick Hugh out of your list:
The 39 Steps
Bend it Like Beckham
Brazil
Brief Encounter
Closer
Elizabeth
Finding Neverland
Goldfinger
Hard Day's Night, A
Harry Potter (pick any)
Hours, The
Love Actually
The Meaning of Life
Notting Hill (ouch, another Hugh)
Quadrophenia
Peeping Tom
Secrets & Lies
Shine
Trainspotting
Vera Drake
And that Amanda would let you get away without a mention of 84 Charing Cross Road is a crime...
My top ten list does not reflect favorite films, just films I could think of that were 1) not already mentioned. 2) set in London in one form or another (some are a stretch with a mere scene or two). 3) sans Hugh Grant.
Shanghai Knights
Hook
Fierce Creatures
European Vacation
Laura Croft: Tombraider
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
The Avengers
Johnny English
Muppets Christmas Carol
Bridget Jone’s Diary (damn... Hugh Grant IS in that isn’t he).
Post a Comment