Monday, November 14, 2005

Lost without TV

As Amanda mentioned, since getting broadband we've given up TV here at Gasmeter Towers;

except for Match of the Day (mine) and the increasingly-becoming-rather-irritating US show Lost (hers).

However, I have to admit, last evening's Lost episode had the best line of the whole series, which is normally notable for its complete absence of humour:

In one of the many interminable flashback sequences, the ex-hobbit British character was trying to pick up the daughter of a rich man, in order to rob her.

Getting back to the mansion, he asks, 'Where's your dad?'

"Some business meeting. I think he's buying a paper merchants in Slough..."

3 comments:

heidless said...

Yeh, still on the Lost bus but not sure for how long. Any word from the U.S. of A on whether it actually does find itself?

I believe a 'lost' episode of The Office features David Brent making it big in the Biz and buying a tropical antipodean island populated by buff, next-big-thing, 'ain't my teeth unnaturally white' gliteratti.

it's a cracker.

Evan said...

This inhabitant of the US of A gave up on Lost long ago.

Connection behind the reference: Rick Gervais guest starred on two episodes of J.J. Abrams other show Alias last year.

As an IRA bomb specialist....

James said...

There was a dull bit around where you lot seem to be in the first season of Lost, I recall, but yeah, it picks up pretty exponentially.