Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The Political Compass

So I took The Political Compass that the Nilsens linked to (thanks guys), and turns out I occupy pretty much the same position as the Dalai Lama. I don't know quite what to make of this. They also have country-specific ones. This was the UK at the recent election ....

... and my friends in the USA , Germany and Canada can have a look at theirs here.

4 comments:

torbjorn said...

Wereas taking political tests on the web are a fun thing to do, I suspect had I made a tool I would weigh it in my favour (just a little bit, you know...), and I am pretty much uncorruptive.

Here's something on my encounter with "unbiased" Norwegian tools.

Don't know much about this Political Compass organisation really (isn't that what blogging is about - not being fair, balanced and well researched?), but it would occur to me that they might be a little bit NASCAR (always turning left, you know...)

Gasmeter said...

There is discussion of this in their FAQ's of course.

But you're right, if we don't know their weighting procedure we can't be sure.

Amanda said...

So I just took the test and I, too, come out in the Dalai Lama region. Whew! The harmony of the Balderfield household will continue for another day.

Evan said...

Just took the test....I'm a Dalai Mandela. Jenny's about to take it and, due to her responses while walking by the screen and peeking at a few of my answers: "Oh God no!", stare... "Are you serious?", etc., I rather doubt we'll come out as harmonious as the Balderfields...