
As we were leaving Speakers' Corner in Hyde Park, I saw Richard Schiff (Toby from The West Wing).
He was checking out a Speaker's Corner institution, the Christian Atheism guy. (Slogan: 'To follow Jesus, Reject God'.)

I went to Toby (which is, of course, how I think of him) and recommended to him the best speaker there. Ishmael is a BBC journalist, who is always worth listening to (angry, passionate, humorous, articulate, with an astonishing breadth of historical detail).

But Toby was trying to travel incognito, so he thanked me and moved away.
3 comments:
Well I think that was a good icebreaker - not sappy, not intrusive, no "Toby! I'm you're biggest fan!!" Lots of potential for more conversation or a polite "thank you" and move away. If I was a celebrity, you could use that one on me.
You are a celebrity, aren't you? 'Everybody knows Lori-Ann.'
Actually, everyone knows Lori-Anne - with an 'e.' But details, details.
Post a Comment