Living in London you tend to see a few famous people out and about. Here are some we've seen when they're off duty:
Huge Grant
Known for:Huge Grant
The acting method known as 'floppy-haired', as seen in Four Weddings and Notting Hill. And a rather public dalliance with an LA prostitute.
Seen:
A residential street just round the corner from the Chelsea and Westminster hospital, where we are planning to have our baby. I had just attended an ante-natal class there (without Amanda, who was working. A couple of women looked puzzled that
I was there on my own).I had parked on the street where I now presume Huge Grant lives, and we passed each other just before he went into the corner shop. Eye contact was made (one of us checking that they wouldn't be asked for an autograph, the other checking that this was, indeed, who it looked like...)
My question is this:
I do not think of myself as good-looking, but neither do I believe I am ugly. Feel free to disagree (on either count).
That day, I wasn't wearing anything particularly special, but it was one of my favourite outfits (a Nike-Lambretta-Marrakech medina-Cecil Gee combination), and one I believe suits me rather well. I had shaved my head and trimmed my beard, was wearing Paul Smith aftershave, and basically feel I was looking as good as it is possible for me to look.
Huge Grant was looking very, very rough. Unshaven. Bags under the (admittedly piercing) eyes.
Is it possible that I, operating at the top of my game, was better-looking on that particular day than Hugh at the bottom of his attractiveness?
5 comments:
Question: Did you take that pic? Because. . . wow! He looks even worse than you described! I'm not a huge - or should I say Huge - fan at the best of times (I do not find stuttering and bumbling and general floppiness attractive) so Pete - you win hands down.
You are a winner Pete, if for nothing else for attending pre-natal class womanless.
Cheers m'dears.
Nah, I didn't take that pic, but I knew if I googled hard enough, I'd eventually find a cruel paparrazzi pic.
Or maybe not cruel, because it is pretty close to the exact way he looked that day.
peter: 1 hugh:0 - go on, Peter!
Sorry, Peter, but the "eyes" have it!!!
Post a Comment