‘I know that I must do what’s rightNeither of us knew the correct version.
Sure as Kilimanjaro …….. like …….. above the Serengeti.’
What have you always thought the line was? And what s your most mangled mis-heard lyric?
Views, News and Reviews from London
‘I know that I must do what’s rightNeither of us knew the correct version.
Sure as Kilimanjaro …….. like …….. above the Serengeti.’
4 comments:
All this time I thought it was "rises" and "a leop'ress," (short for leopardess??) although I've now done a lyric search and discovered I was wrong about "leop'ress."
I don't know if it's my most mangled mis-heard lyric, but the one my family won't let me live down was from when I was 10 years old and I sang on a tape they continue to blackmail me with, the song by the Irish Rover's: "Wasn't that a party, could have been the whiskey, might have been the kids..." but it should have been the "gin."
There's a song by, I think R.E.M., that I've never been able to figure out - it sounds like they're saying "call me a chaddabaker" or something but I know that's not right.
Turns out that mis-heard ALL of my lyrics growing up, I am Norwegian, what can I say...
This is what came up on my google search:
"I know that I must do what’s right As sure as killing man’s jury tries us like molesters from a Florida county I seek to post what’s deep inside" - no joke - what has the world come to when writers (albeit bloggers) paraphrase Toto in the descriptions of sex offenders?
One of us thought it was,
'rises like an Empress'.
The other thought it was,
'rises like a nimbus'.
A large cloud, you see . . .
Rises like Olympus. Obviously.
Also, it is properly spelled "Seeeeeerengeteeeeee."
Post a Comment