Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year 2007


After the disappointment of being on the Thames for the Millennium New Year celebrations (Concorde fly-by obscured by cloud; the 'River of Fire' more like a series of cigarette lighters), and indeed several other anti-climactic New Yearses in Trafalgar Square and at Big Ben, I was pleased to see London finally put on an amazing firework display.

While it's no big deal really, I suppose one can't help noticing how well other capital cities like Sydney and Paris do their fireworks.

Here at last is something to be proud of.

New Year's Resolutions, anyone?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

So did you actually attend the London celebrations?

For some reason, the nearest fireworks display here in Orlando kicked off around 10 p.m. Not sure what that was all about, but I was tucked away in my bed long before midnight and didn't hear another festive sound after 10:30.

torbjorn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
torbjorn said...

My resolution is to start giving to charity again, and I have found my first worthy project:
The Delmarva Photo Big Year

Jim Brighton is going to try to take photographs of 700 species of birds, mammals, reptiles & amphibians, butterflies, dragonflies, and damselflies found on the Delmarva Peninsula while he does that he as asked that you make a pledge to save
the Junin Grebe from extinction

L-A said...

Happy New Year Peter! That was quite a fireworks show. What was the occasion? I mean, what made the ringing in of 2007 fireworks-worthy versus, I don't know, 2003 - which I myself deem a much more landmark year for fireworks, what with England's wedding of the decade and the arrival of the couple's uber cool friends from around the world.