MICHAEL PALIN
Famous for:
Being a Python and the epitome of affability and niceness. The Parrot sketch.

Where seen:
A producer friend was hosting a film launch at BAFTA, the British Film and TV Academy, on Picadilly. The female director was now working with Michael Palin, and brought him along for the launch drinks and to see the film (which I'd already seen in a press screening).
I was getting on quite well with the film types I was chatting to, but determined with myself that I would speak to him before the drinks ended. So I introduced myself with some question about his series Around the World in 80 Days.
As we were chatting (I sounded a little bit of a prat) the party changed from drinks to having a sit-down meal in BAFTA's restaurant. So I went and got my buffet meal of potatoes, salad and pasta and sat next to the girl I'd been speaking to earlier. Michael Palin and the director came and sat directly opposite us. I'm happy to report I sounded less of a prat when he started asking me about my research and we debated the merits of various Shakespeare films.
A good time was had by me.
2 comments:
I am amazéd and know not what to say . . .
norwegian blue
Post a Comment